Monday, December 28, 2009

Talk about your DEAD BLOGS..

Yes yes, I know... who follows a blog that has no new posts? No one! So much for last year's new years resolution!

Well, my new years resolution for THIS COMING year... is to blog more. I'll try to just write something at least once a week. (We'll see how well I do with that before I commit to more!) LOLL!

A lot has happened this pas year, and more is coming soon. Time flies! (Where have we heard THAT before??)

On a technical note, I've had it with a lot of the Microsoft products that I used to use. Not only is the cost for me to upgrade prohibitive in this economy, but there are some decent, FREE alternatives out there. I have pretty much abandoned Word and Excel already and I am officially in the process now of abandoning Microsoft Outlook (which has been my standard email client for as long as I can remember.) I am moving to Open Source alternatives, specifically, Open Office and Thunderbird for email. I really like Thunderbird's new version (3.0) and have found a way to synchronize email and contacts with Gmail (where my primary email accounts are). Me likey!! :D

Now, does anyone know of a good Open Source alternative to Visio??

Till next time!

No comments: